I wanted to give a little shout out today, in honor of my Mother-in-Law, Judy. Today is her #($& birthday…hmm, that’s funny, my number keys don’t seem to be working. Oh, shame!
As you might notice, Judy is a Valentine’s baby, which I think is especially cool since I also have a holiday birthday. For as long as I’ve known her, I haven’t heard one complaint about having to share the day with Cupid. One good thing about having a Valentine’s birthday is that her mom always made her a heart-shaped Red Velvet cake for her birthday. This year, I thought that I would surprise her with a from scratch Red Velvet cake, made from Troy’s recipe. While mine was not heart-shaped, I did tint the icing pink and decorated it with a huge heart on top.
In the birthday tradition, I’ll take this space to list several reasons why we celebrate Judy on her special day:
- She’s a great mother-in-law — not the kind you hear people grumble about!
- She buys snacks for Marc and me even when we’re watching our waistlines.
- She always has a pair of warm socks to spare and is willing to turn up the thermostat for Miss Chilly-all-the-Time (me!).
- She let’s us borrow her mini-van without complaint when we need to haul things.
- She’s always willing to tromp downtown to let Barkley out when we’re out of town.
- She takes great care of her family.
Enjoy your birthday, Judy — you deserve it!