So why the strange title? It’s a line from a song that made it onto my top seven songs of the moment list—brought on by my being “tagged” by Melissa at Banana Migraine. The idea is that now I have to list my top seven songs of this very moment. That’s kind of hard, because I tend to listen to lots of different music, but I’ll try to come up with seven good ones for you all.
- Samson by Regina Spektor on Begin to Hope. I’m not sure what gets me about this song, because some of the lyrics are a little silly, but it gets me. Something about her voice on this song is haunting. Admittedly, I’ve put this song on repeat play before…for several, several times in a row. Marc will vouch for that.
- Nan You’re a Window Shopper by Lily Allen on Alright, Still. I heard the NPR commentary on Lily Allen awhile back and finally had to buy the CD at Border’s while on my lunch break a month or so ago. It just keeps growing on Marc and me. Another favorite off of the album will be my #3…
- Alfie by Lily Allen on Alright, Still.
- How to Save a Life by The Fray on How to Save a Life. Again, can’t really put my finger on it, but I like it.
- Fair by Remy Zero on Villa Elaine. Heard this song first on the Garden State soundtrack, but I lu-huv it! I even put it on the Dentist Mix play list on my nano, which means that it must be good.
- River by Joni Mitchell on Blue. What’s not to love about this song? Another that I have no problem listening to over, and over again.
- Experiment by Mates of State on Team Boo. Marc and I fell in love with these guys a few years back…of course, we are still kicking ourselves for not going to see them live in Bloomington when they were there. I think they are the inspiration for Marc’s dream to start a traveling band…just me and him. (Unfortunately, the link is to a short clip of the song, which cuts off before the best part. They’re definitely worth checking out a disk from the library, or you can visit their website at www.matesofstate.com.)
Well…there’s my seven. Hopefully you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!